Juggling household and financial obligations are leading more stay at home mums to find ways to work from home. The growth of the Internet has given rise to a large range of work from home opportunities that were previously not available for stay at home Mums. Following is a list of some of the most effective ways for earning money online with minimal or no capital.
1. Sell on auction sites: Many Internet business people started out as sellers on auction sites such as eBay. This e-commerce platform has retained its appeal with entrepreneurs due to the massive amounts of buying traffic that it gets everyday. Ideal products to sell are second hand items, collectibles and other items sourced inexpensively from bulk suppliers. Mums with a knack for handicrafts can sell their products at Etsy as well.
2. Sell in community sites: Forums and bulletin boards are good venues for selling items targeted at specific niches as groups with related interests often gather at these websites. An important tip is to find inexpensive sources of products that cater to a niche market in order to maximize profits.
3. Sell in own website: Another idea is to develop your own website and sell products in it. This requires website development, some SEO techniques to draw targeted traffic to the site. Automating the sales process is the key as it frees up time for mums to squeeze in time for household chores and other activities.
4. Sell banner advertising space: Advertisers constantly look for websites with a steady and sizeable streams of traffic. If you are a website owner, you could send out emails to companies with related products and offer monthly or quarterly advertising contracts. A website owner, however, must be prepared to work on SEO regularly to improve site traffic.
5. Sell services: Anyone with skills that other people need such as consulting, writing, designing and computer programming can earn by doing projects for others. Sites such as Elance allow service providers to bid on projects that require their services and earn from them.
6. Paid reviews: Authority sites with a huge following can command attractive fees to assess products and publish reviews.
7. Affiliate marketing: Commissions from selling products of other companies has been a good source of passive income for many Internet marketers. The key is to find the right product, build the appropriate website for it and attract the targeted audience.
8. Information products: Mums can develop their own information products which are useful content in electronic formats such as e-books, audio and video files. Profit margins are potentially huge and automating the sales and delivery service make it a highly lucrative business model.
9. Resell services: One need not have the skills or time to render services for a fee, but instead offer the services of others at a profit margin. Services one can resell include website development, article marketing, social media marketing, email marketing and video editing.
10. Private mentoring: Coaching or teaching others in private sessions albeit online is a great way to earn dollars in exchange for one’s time.
With these online business models as work from home ideas, mums now have a wide range of options to earn while taking care of the family.